I Am The Storyteller: Death & Salvation

Monday, October 23, 2006

Death & Salvation

I don't know how to put these feelings into words, too difficult to describe. Death has been one thing that most people fear of. Losing a loved one, it's like a part of you is gone. So empty. Que Nie's grandfather passed away, when I visited her, she's like knowing nothing about it. She's only five years old, and to her, her grandfather is not dead, just taking a long long nap. She said "my ah kong is sleeping."
My heart just sank when I see her like that. Her grandmother looked so haggard and have grown thinner. Her eyes swollen, must have cried for days. The atmosphere in the whole house is so awkward, I don't know what to say to make them feel better, I just sat there in silence, hugging Que Nie. It must have been hard for the whole family to deal with the death of a family member.

When my grandfather died, I was only two then. I don't know the sorrow of losing a family member. When we go to the cemetery to pay respect to my grandfather during Ching Ming every year, my grandmother would just sit there, looking at his picture, touching it and tears will start rolling down her eyes. Then I asked her, " Are you okay?", she would say "I'm ok, I just miss him alot."

I start to fear, not death. But it's the fear of not able to tell them about God. The salvation for my family members and close friends matter alot to me. I'm afraid that before I could tell them who Jesus is, they will be gone. Thank God Michelle has been saved, and Ai Mei and Elaine too.
Life is so meaningless without God you know. My mother calls herself as a freethinker, but when she faces problems, she dooesn't know who to turn to. Her friends cannot even understand her completely. Some of you wonder, WHY CHRISTIANS ALWAYS LOOK SO HAPPY? It's because we have God to help us through thick and thin. When we are down, we could talk to God. Sorry if all this sound like bullcrap to you. I'm just sharing my experiences. God made me who I am today, if it wasn't Him, bet I'll be living in a big fat lie, not knowing myself, not being myself, not being free and happy.

Ok, maybe some of you who are reading this don't know what am I talking about. I would be so glad if you want to know more. I would like to share this article with you. I pray that God will speak to you while reading this. God Bless.

Click Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home